Bookkeeping tailored to you and your business.
Streamlined bookkeeping solutions
Discover a modern approach to bookkeeping with our streamlined services. In today’s digital age, paper-based methods are outdated, and the landscape of financial record-keeping is evolving rapidly. At Simon & Co, we are here to guide you through this transformation, making your financial processes more efficient and hassle-free.
Our tailored solutions are designed to match your unique needs and budget. Whether you have an in-house team or prefer hands-on control, we can provide the necessary training and support. With our expertise, you can effortlessly manage your invoices, bank statements, and accounting records. We handle the processing, allowing you to focus on what truly matters—running and growing your business.
From Management Accounts to VAT Returns, we’ve got you covered. Our goal is to help you embrace digital bookkeeping for a more efficient and compliant future. With Simon & Co, you can navigate this changing landscape with confidence and ensure that your financial records are up-to-date and in line with HMRC’s digital taxation vision.
A full range of bookkeeping services…
- Tailored Support – We provide custom solutions to match your unique needs and budget. Already have an in-house team? We offer training and support to empower you and your staff.
- Full-Service Bookkeeping – Don’t have the staff or the interest in bookkeeping? Let us take care of it all for you, ensuring your financial records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Simplified Record Submission – To make your business life easier, you can choose to drop off your invoices, bank statements, and more. Alternatively, opt for a digital solution by sending your accounting records to a unique email address.
- Expert Processing – We handle all the processing, allowing us to easily prepare key financial documents, including Management Accounts, VAT Returns, KPIs, and Year End Accounts. We also estimate tax liabilities throughout the year to prevent end-of-year surprises.
- Neat and Organised – You can pick up your records, neatly filed and organised, with all the information we’ve agreed to provide. This also simplifies handling any potential VAT inspections.
Expert bookkeeping advice
- System Evaluation – Invite us to review your bookkeeping system and get expert advice on choosing the right system for your business. Check out our Cloud Accounting services for more information.
- Accuracy Assessment – We’ll ensure that the information being produced is accurate and reliable, preventing errors and ensuring compliance.
- Time Efficiency – Learn how to spend less time on bookkeeping while maintaining the quality of your financial records.
- VAT Expertise – Identify and resolve VAT errors before they come to the attention of tax authorities, saving you potential penalties.
- Staff Training – Determine specific training needs for your bookkeeping staff, enhancing their skills and efficiency.
- Improved Reporting – Discover how to produce more relevant management information that is useful for effectively managing your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions to find valuable information on various business topics. Get the answers you need to make informed decisions about your business.
While software is undoubtedly efficient and time-saving, the role of a bookkeeper remains crucial. A bookkeeper ensures the accuracy of entries, particularly regarding VAT, and distinguishes between tax-deductible and non-tax-deductible items. Their expertise adds a layer of assurance to your financial records, minimising errors and ensuring compliance.
You’re required by HMRC to hold on to income, expenditure records, and receipts for at least 5 years after the fiscal year ends. This ensures documentation is available to support your submissions in case of inquiries or audits. Fortunately, electronic copies are now accepted, reducing physical storage hassles.
Bookkeepers offer various services to companies and independent professionals, such as:
– Handling payroll, pensions, and auto-enrolment
– Monitoring revenue and expenses
– Overseeing invoices and pending payments
– Planning budgets and cash flows
– Preparing management accounts
– Training on bookkeeping software.
While accountants focus on broader financial aspects, bookkeepers manage daily financial details. To help your accountant work effectively, it’s essential to maintain updated books. A bookkeeper handles daily tasks like payroll, invoicing, tracking income and expenses, and cash flow planning. They’re well-versed in account-related regulations, ensuring accuracy and highlighting any concerns. By hiring a bookkeeper, you streamline complex tasks, saving time and money, allowing you to concentrate on your business operations.